Everything about Ping Pong is posted here.Read and enjoy the Ping Pong thrilling adventure.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

01/22/2011 2011 Slovenian Open - ITTF Pro Tour (sumber dari ittf.com)

2011 Slovenian Open - ITTF Pro Tour

China’s new generation of stars stamped their authority on proceedings at the Slovenian Open in Velenje on Saturday 22nd January 2011; 19 year old Wu Yang won the Women’s Singles title and was immediately followed by 21 year old Xu Xin, who captured the Men’s Singles crown.

Furthermore, to capture gold, Xu Xin had to beat arguably the most experienced member of the China National Men’s Team and the man in whom Liu Guoliang, the Head Coach, has clearly great faith.

Xu Xin defeated Ma Lin at the final hurdle.
Vital Position
Ma Lin is the player whom Liu Guoliang selected to play the crucial second and fourth matches against Germany in the final of the Men’s event at the Liebherr World Team Championships in Moscow in 2010.

The selection of Ma Lin in those vital positions reflected the stature of the reigning Olympic champion.

Six Games Result
However, in Velenje it was Xu Xin who prevailed; he recorded a six games victory emerging successful by the margin of 14-16, 11-9, 11-9, 6-11, 11-9, 12-10.

Familiar
"We always practise together so we know each other's game really well”, said Xu Xin. “My strategy today was straightforward; I took some risks and I won the important points.”

It was close with only one game not being decided by the minimum two point margin; however Xu Xin, who like Chen Qi shows his emotions, emerged a worthy winner as a result of his positive approach.

Helps Fighting Spirit
"I don’t think I’m that different because I show my feelings; the only thing that perhaps make me special is that I’m a left handed penholder”, added Xu Xin; the element that makes him special is the incredible speed of his sideways movement.

“Showing my emotions keeps me alert at all times”, concluded Xu Xin. “It maintains my fighting spirit; that can be a key in my matches."

New Bat Rubber
A delighted Xu Xin but Ma Lin was somewhat disheartened.

"I am a bit disappointed, I had some troubles with my forehand; I have a new rubber on my racket and I’m not totally used to it”, he said. “I still need more time to adapt.”

Possibly but he did beat Wang Hao, the reigning World champion in the semi-finals and of course he has a wealth of experience.

Tactically Astute Young Players
"Wang Liqin and myself, for example, have been around for quite a while now; we've been key players for a decade but there are young players bursting onto the scene”, continued Ma Lin. “We don't have tactical or technical advantages over them any more, I believe that the Chinese training system gives every player a chance of staying in top shape; so I think I can still win major tournaments."

London Olympic Games
Win tournaments, so what about defending his title at the 2012 London Olympic Games?

"London is a long way away at the moment, the first goal is this year's World Championships but naturally the Olympic Games are something every sportsman wants to be a part of”, continued Ma Lin. “I think the Chinese players in the national team all have an equal chance of playing in London.”

Same Again
It was for Xu Xin the second ITTF Pro Tour Men’s Singles title of his career, the first being last year in February when he succeeded at the Salwa Cup Kuwait Open and in Venje history somewhat repeated itself.

At the Salwa Cup Kuwait Open he beat Ma Lin in the final!

Harmony for Ma Lin
Meet Ma Lin in the final and it is gold; that would seem to be the successful formula for Xu Xin; whilst for Ma Lin, he would also seem to have a successful formula when confronting Xu Xin.

The other two meetings have both been at the Harmony China Open and on both occasions Ma Lin has won.

He succeeded June 2009 in the third round and one year later in August in the semi-finals.

Same Age as Lee Sang Su
However, many will tell you that the most recent result is the most important and in January 2010 the verdict went to Xu Xin, who maintained the tradition of exciting young players succeeding in Slovenia.

One year ago Korea’s Lee Sang Su was crowned Men’s Singles champion at the Slovenian Open, like Xu Xin, he celebrates his 21 birthday in 2011; a coming of age, an arrival at top level.01/22/2011       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...